[ftputil] Using ftptuil with encryped connection.

Roger Demetrescu roger.demetrescu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:07:00 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to a FTP server that only allow encrypted connection.
Here is the screenshot of a WinSCP configuration that works perfectly:

http://postimg.org/image/8yqzs2gwp/

Problem is I am unable to do this kind of connection with ftputil using the
recipe from:

http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/wiki/Documentation#does-ftputil-support-ssl

I am using:

  * ftputil 3.0
  * python 2.7.5+
  * Ubuntu 13.10

The production environment will be running python 2.6.

When I use de above recipe, I can connect to the ftp server, but when
ftputil tries
to send commands, it receives this kind of errors:

>>> host.chdir('/imprensa')
PermanentError: 500 Unknown command.

>>> host.listdir('.')
InaccessibleLoginDirError: directory '/' is not accessible

Just to make it clear, when I connect to the server using WinSCP, I am
allowed to list the "/" directory.

Any glue of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger Demetrescu